This month I said farewell to my BFF, who moved to Seattle for work. It took my girlfriends and I five days before we packed our bags and headed to the northwest for a visit from the welcome wagon. Seattle, despite the weather, thoroughly impressed me. Here’s a few of the greatest places where we ate, shopped, and made new friends.
- Pike Place Market (obviously!)
- Etta’s Seafood - I get the impression that Tom Douglas is a local legend, with restaurants on nearly every corner. Etta’s is the perfect spot for some delicious seafood (we nearly died from a food coma after eating the crab cakes!). Snag a seat by the window for some prime people watching, gorgeous water views, and a warm escape.
- Quinn’s - Yummy and quirky. Just the way we like it!
- Unicorn - Circus meets fabulous. There’s nowhere else like it…
- Toulouse Petit - Bringing a little NOLA to the Northwest. Hands down the best meal of the weekend.
- Bathtub Gin & Co. - If you’re lucky enough to find this place, make sure you stay for a while. Hidden in a quiet alley behind a tiny, nondescript door, expect to be questioned by the other patrons about how you ended up there.